Sunday, February 3, 2008

Reality check; it's February 3rd, two weeks to go. Wow! There seems like a million and one things yet to do, and now yet so short a time. We had a family meeting with Andy and Becky Wood this evening. They're our overseeing pastors who we'll be corresponding with while overseas. They had alot of good information, some old stuff (for me anyway), some new. I'm definitely not looking forward to the cold water sponge baths! My thoughts have been, -I have to endure four months of that? Then I remembered a bus trip I took up into Tibet the last time I was in Nepal. Some poor dirt farmer, out in the open, bathing himself in a frigid mountain stream. Am I really going to have it that bad back at the church compound. At least my water won't be freezing and I'll have the dignity of the privacy that four walls are around me. Hmmm, I don't have it so bad! Next week I'll do a cool water bucket bath- just to try and prepare.........and thank God while I'm doing it! (Posted by Ken.)

4 comments:

Debbie Haughland Chan said...

Some of the Florida campgrounds offer only cold water showers outside, with stalls only neck high. I'm sure you'll do quite fine with the cold sponge baths. Think of the pioneers in North America! I'm jealous. I wish I was going!

I'm praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

To the Lewis family

we all hope you arrived safely to your destanation.We are praying for you and your family for safety
and to teach other peaple who do not no the Lord.i am also praying that the huge rats will live you alone so you can feel relaxed and not to worry.Keep up God's good work and teachings.We will be praying for you till you come back home. love the Henschels P.S. We miss you

Anonymous said...

Greetings, LIN Lewis Clan!
Ok! It' Tuesday morning here in frigid Winnipeg so it must be about half gone in Katmandu.
I hope you are all settled in and recovering from any jet lag. I trust all went well in London and the other transfer points. We'l be keeping you all in prayer and checking the blog and e-mails. Miss you already!...but are eagerly awaiting your communications. Love & blessings,
V&K

Anonymous said...

Hi Alana & Karina & Lewis Family
God put you on my heart this morning its -43 with the windchill. May God bless you and fill your days with His joy and peace as you walk out His purpose. God bless we will pray for you on Thursday at housegroup.

Love, Juanita for the Froese Family<><