Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sick Trials

Well, it's not that the trials are sick but that the trial is sickness. Karina & I (Bonnie) are just getting over a rather mean flu virus or something of the sort. Karina had a rather high fever and even passed some blood. Fortunately we brought some Tylenol along and we made her drink as much water as she could hold. Then she was in bed for 2 days. Today's she's bacl at work at the local college so hopefully she had energy to teach.

I had a rather unenjoyable night and day losing all of my contents in both directions, if you know what I mean. But try to imagine doing all of that in the bathroom with a cockroach scurrying around by your feet and a mosquito buzzing around your head at the same time. The one and only blessing (!) was that the power was on. I don't even want to think about heading off to the bathroom in the middle of the night, having first to find a candle and light it by the cookstove, after trying to find the lighter and knob to turn it on - all in the dark. Thank God for small miracles. I suppose it wouldn't have been impossible but it was surely better to be able to see. Then yesterday Alexander Venter - one of the original team with John Wimber - arrived here in Kathmandu and, together with several others, came and prayed for me. Oh, I am coming to appreciate the value of prayer for healing. In the past, it was I who tried to learn how to pray for the sick. Now I am on the receiving end and my faith is growing accordingly!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Bonnie, glad to hear that God in time send Vender to pray for you...I'm sure the Holy Spirit is giving him more inside of the trials you and the family are going through..as you minister and reach out to the lost. Just a suggestion...are flashlights useful to use at nights..? when going to the washroom? keeping you in prayer..hi to Karina...and taking a good rest might be good for her....cooking white rice as soup(add nothing to it) is very good for diarijah,flu etc.(myDr. told me) take care,

loads of love to you all,

Ingrid and Mitch

Anonymous said...

It's surreal sometimes to ready your blog--it often reminds me a lot of the three years I spent in Nigeria almost 30 years ago. Anyway, if the diarrhea continues, better go to a clinic as it could be amoebic dysentry, and the medicine you'll likely receive will be Flagyl, which kills the little buggies. And if you do go to a clinic there in Nepal, it's likely to be a very different experience compared with visiting the doctor here in Canada!

Another thought: when you return to Canada, your whole family should get tested for parasites. Now isn't that some good news? Lol...

Cheers, Mitch

Anonymous said...

Yes they probably all do have them, but they grew up with them from childhood :)

--Mitch

Anonymous said...

well that's just fine and dandy...
(Alana)